Tuesday, February 19, 2019

New airbrush booth!

I upgraded my airbrush booth!

My original booth (in a post from last year) was made from a cardboard box, filter, a bathroom exhaust fan, and a dryer exhaust hose.

My booth worked well (it is still being used for primers and sealers), but it was pretty dark inside while painting, so I did some research and found something that is both better and much easier to store when not in use.


(My NaMoPaiMo / National Model Painting Month 2018 practice horse is going to be my "Vanna White" and demonstrate the booth!)

The whole booth is folded up into this easy-to-store small suitcase shape!


The front is folded down and under the front of the case, so I have lifted it.
The bottom and sides are simply folded into the case.


The bottom has been folded out and flattened, and the translucent sides have been lifted and inserted into slots in the top.

It also comes with a filter (currently dirty) in front of the fan and also a small lazy susan (covered in foil and airbrush paint).


Here is an angled view, so that you can see the shape.
It can be a little tight for larger or longer horses, but it is sufficient for up to normal traditional sized horses!


Here we are showing the fan exhaust point.


The booth kit can be purchased with an exhaust pipe. It can be extended about 6 feet and has a handy narrow end that could be put through a small opening at a window or door to exhaust to the outside.


An idea of how much room is inside the booth.


My 2018 practice horse is showing off my 2019 NaMoPaiMo horse, who wants to get airbrushed!!

Happy painting!


Please note that you should use these types of spray booths (including boxes with bathroom exhaust fans) with caution when using aerosol cans of primer/sealer/etc. due to the flammable gas passing through the fan/motor, which could spark a fire.



No comments:

Post a Comment